September 25, 2023
How to get your GLOW back…post summer skincare
The summer months can be extremely hard and damaging to our skin. Once the days start getting shorter and the summer tan fades, we are left with damage from the previous few months. Sunshine, saltwater, wind, chlorine, and neglect can take it’s toll on our lovely face… It’s time for a new beauty regimen to restore our skin to it’s supple texture and glow.
1. Schedule your facial appointment- Professionals can get a good start on your skin restoration project. Ususally starting with exfoliation, you can do this with a series of peels or microdermabrasion. Your Esthetician will perform and guide you through the steps.
2. Exfoliate- This is one of the most important steps to restoring the glow. All the summer’s elements have contributed to a build up of dead skin cells that need to be removed in order to get to the finer new cells, it also stimulates circulation.This will need to be continued at home even post facial. Follow your Esthetician’s advice on the frequency.
3. Moisturize- During your facial the Esthetician can use moisture masks, custom blended serums, and machines to help the product penetrate into the deepers layers of your skin. This is an important step to continue with your homecare. During your sleeping hours your products can be working to add moisture and plump up your dehydrated skin cells.
4. Protect- You will still need to wear your sunscreen during the fall and winter months. The sun’s rays still penetrate even on our cloudy days.
5. Healthy lifestyle- Post summer, your on-the-go days of ignoring your skincare regimen are over. Also focus on water intake for hydration, plenty of rest, along with a balanced diet and exercise, even if just walking for 30-45 minutes a day.
If you are interested in becoming an Esthetician, log onto: https://www.nwcollege.edu/ and check out the Programs offered. You can be on your way to a new career in as little as 600 hours.
To schedule your facial appointment: visit https://www.nwcollege.edu/ and choose the campus that is closest to you.
Information about some of the best professional skincare products available: http://www.bioelements.com/